Electric utilities install FACTS technologies throughout their distribution and transmission networks to improve their network’s overall reliability and manage voltage fluctuations and power quality.
Equipment operated with FACTS technologies relies on medium and high voltage circuit breakers to energize or de-energize capacitor banks, shunt reactors, filters, SVC, STATCOM, etc. However, uncontrolled or random load switching operations cause voltage disturbances and inrush currents, which may damage circuit breakers and equipment within a substation, impact voltage regulation and power quality, and lead to equipment or power failures.
The SynchroTeq controlled switching device improves reliability and stability of FACTS solutions: while switching loads, it operates circuit breakers at the optimal moment to reduce transients such as inrush currents and voltage disturbances.
Thanks to unique features such as fast switching, ability to handle partially discharged capacitor banks and more, SynchroTeq technologies also assist FACTS for improved responsiveness in voltage adjustment.
- Increases revenue as downtimes are significantly reduced
- Ensures power stability and reliability
- Increases customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Quickly adjusts voltage regulation through fast switching of capacitive loads
- Leverages voltage regulation correction techniques
- Limits maintenance frequency by eliminating voltage dip and transient
- Provides real-time web monitoring and control