Electrical railway networks use voltage regulation equipment such as capacitor banks to ensure their system’s stability. Capacitive loads in railway distribution substations are switched on and off several times a day.
Therefore, inrush currents and voltage transients that result from capacitive load switching can cause serious damages on circuit breakers and reduce their lifespan. Over time, refurbishing or replacement of circuit breakers throughout the network may lead to frequent network downtime, reducing railway operators’ revenue and passengers satisfaction level.
The SynchroTeq technology gives railway operators the means to improve their systems and take advantage of several other technical and economic benefits. SynchroTeq controls a railway network’s capacitive loads by switching them at the optimal instant, which eliminates inrush currents and voltage transients.
Thanks to unique features such as fast switching, ability to handle partially discharged capacitor banks and more, SynchroTeq technologies improves responsiveness in voltage regulation adjustment.
- Increased revenues, owed to the reduction of system downtime and to circuit breakers reduced maintenance/repairs
- Leverages voltage regulation techniques
- Quickly adjusts voltage regulation through fast switching of capacitive loads
- Decreases refurbishing frequency of medium voltage assets
- Increases reliability of critical equipment and overall network performance
- Increases passengers satisfaction level due to the improvement of on-time performance ratio