As large energy consumers, heavy industries need to manage their reactive power which causes voltage fluctuations, active power losses and increases electricity bills. Companies require FACTS to address Power Factor challenges, reduce electricity bills, and meet the Grid Code criteria of local Power Utility when applicable.
Equipment operated within FACTS system relies on medium and high voltage circuit breakers to energize or de-energize capacitor banks, shunt reactors, filters, SVC, hybrid-STATCOM, etc. However, an uncontrolled or random load switching operation causes voltage disturbances and inrush currents, which may damage circuit breakers and equipment within a substation, impact power quality and lead to equipment or power failures.
The SynchroTeq controlled switching and monitoring device improves reliability and stability of FACTS solutions: while switching loads, it operates circuit breakers at the optimal moment to eliminate transients such as inrush currents and voltage disturbances.
Thanks to unique features such as fast switching, ability to handle partially discharged capacitor banks and more, SynchroTeq technologies also assist FACTS for improved responsiveness in power factor adjustment.
- Increases revenue as downtimes are minimized
- Complies with Utility Grid Code requirements and avoid associated penalties
- Leverages power factor correction techniques
- Limits maintenance frequency for voltage dips and transient elimination
- Ensures power stability and reliability
- Quickly adjusts the power factor through fast switching of capacitive loads
- Improves voltage control in islanding networks or offshore installations (platforms, vessels, FPSOs and more)
- Provides real-time web monitoring and control