The VIZIMAX Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) is a high accuracy platform for acquisition and fast data publishing (current and voltage synchrophasors, current and voltage direct sequences, frequency and ROCOF) for advanced high and medium voltage power system monitoring, protection and control.
As a key element of the Wide Area Measurement Systems (WAMS), VIZIMAX’s PMU exceeds C37.118 requirements for both M and P class accuracy, offering an adjustable publishing rate up to 200/240 frames per second (50/60Hz) and a highly accurate and very fast ROCOF calculation.
P class accuracy equals M class accuracy for a publishing rate of up to 60 frames per second.
VIZIMAX’s PMU offers real-time access to remote time synchronized analog data providing situational awareness. It improves the reliability on the control actions reducing uncertainty in the decision-making.
Its rugged platform combined with innovative adaptive filtering technics and exceptional resilience to harmonics provides an ideal approach in stressed and disturbed power systems, microgrids, electrical islands as well as renewable energy and storage systems.
VIZIMAX’s PMU offers several communication options including C37.118 protocol and GOOSE messaging. Time synchronization is achieved via PPS, IRIG-B, PTP1588, NTP, local clock or via an optional built-in GPS receiver.
VIZIMAX’s PMU can be bundled with the powerful VIZIMAX RightWON controller – featuring a built-in ‘C37.118 Client’, IEC61131-3 programmable logic and a comprehensive protocol conversion toolkit – to achieve a no-latency, near real-time data broadcast over Ethernet in IEC61850, DNP3.0, IEC60870-5-101, -103 and -104, and ModBus protocols, and the implementation of customized control schemes and advanced protection applications.
- Fast, reliable and accurate current and voltage phasors, frequency and ROCOF measurements exceeding C37.118 requirements for both M and P classes.
- P class accuracy equals M class accuracy for reporting rate up to 60 frames per second.
- Adjustable reporting rates: Up to 200/240 frames per second for 50/60 Hz allowing faster operation for control and protection systems.
- Highly resilient and reliable at rejecting harmonics and out of band interferences, making it the ideal approach for microgrids, power islands or renewable energy systems.
- Outstanding performances in stressed power systems and Distributed Energy Resources (DER).
- Unique adaptive algorithms allowing 3 phases AND single phase capabilities.
- Proactive process support: Improves system operator situational awareness, monitors power angle – voltage – frequency and improves dynamic stability monitoring and analysis abilities.
- Complies with: C37.118 (2005 and 2011) and IEC 61850 GOOSE messaging.
- Can be bundled with the powerful VIZIMAX RightWON controller – featuring a built-in ‘C37.118 Client’, IEC61131-3 programmable logic and a comprehensive protocol conversion toolkit – to achieve a no-latency, near real-time data broadcast over Ethernet in IEC61850, DNP3.0, IEC60870-5-104, ModBus protocols, and the implementation of customized control schemes and advanced protection applications.
- Compact and rugged design: Ideal to implement intelligence throughout Transmission and Distribution networks.